The Technical University of Crete (TUC), member of the European University on Responsible Consumption and Production (EURECA-PRO), organizes for the first time in the City of Chania the 3rd EURECA-PRO Conference on Responsible Consumption and Production from September 26 to 29, 2023.
The conference will host in the "Mikis Theodorakis" Theater and the "Center for Mediterranean Architecture" more than 200 academics, researchers, scientists, professionals and experts from several European countries, who work on the subject of Responsible Consumption and Production.
The 98 papers and 41 posters that will be presented at the conference will cover the following thematic sections:
- Circular Economy
- Energy and Environment
- Low Carbon and Sustainable Materials
- IT/AI for Sustainable Manufacturing
- Farm to Fork / Practicing RCP
- Smart and Healthy Societies
- RCP / Sustainability in Health Promotion
- Educating for a Sustainable Future
The scientific program of the conference also includes three invited lectures by distinguished scientists:
- Professor Emeritus of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Greece) Antonia Trichopoulou on the topic "From Mediterranean to Planeterranian diet: nutritional diversity, health and sustainability"
- Professor Emeritus of the Technical University of Crete (Greece) Markos Papageorgiou on the topic "Road Traffic Control: Past, Present and Future"
- Professor of the Technical University Bergakademie Freiberg (Germany) Carsten Drebenstedt on the topic "From coal to climate neutral energy supply – easy to do or a complex multi stakeholder issue?"
The conference aims to be a point of reference for leading researchers in the specific field and to enrich the debate on current and future challenges and innovative solutions, taking into account the technological, humanitarian, economic, social and environmental dimensions of Responsible Consumption and Production to achieve Goal 12 of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
More on the conference web site: https://conference.eurecapro.eu/