1. Only registered users may use the full spectrum of services provided by the L.I.Ce. Walk-in users are welcomed with limited access to services.
2. TUC members registration: TUC members having an academic ID, should bring the academic ID to the Circulation Desk to make it a library card. If not having an academic ID, the user must fill in an application form (found at the Circulation Desk), submit his/her ID or passport, a small photograph and student identity.
3.Non-TUC members registration: Residents of the City of Chania, must fill in the application form found at https://opac.seab.gr/selfreg~S14 , submit his/her ID or passport, a small photograph and a bill showing the address of residency in Chania.
4. Users must always show their library card in every transaction with the L.I.Ce.
5. Library card is strictly personal and can not be used by third parties.
6. In case of library card loss or change in user contact info, L.I.Ce. must be notified.
7. Upon registration, the user agrees to comply with the L.I.Ce.regulation.
Loan period varies according to user status, as shown in the table below:
|User Status||Books on loan||Loan period|
|Faculty/teaching staff||25 books||3 months|
|Postgraduates||15 books||2 months|
|Undergraduates||5 books (& 10 textbooks)||20 days (&6 months)|
|External users||5 books||20 days|
|Administrative staff||5 books||20 days|
Loan renewal: L.I.Ce. users are allowed to three (3) consecutive renewals to the material they have already borrowed, provided that it has not been reserved by another user. Renewals can be done via personal contact, telephone, e-mail and user weblogin.
Material reservation: L.I.Ce. users may reserve, upon request, an item that is currently on loan. In case that more than one reservations are placed on an item, they are accomplished in order of priority. In all cases, the user that requested the reservation is notified to collect the item.
Overdue loans: The L.I.Ce.imposes a daily penalty of 0,06 € for every overdue item. The maximum receivable fine is 15,00 €.
In case that an overdue item has been reserved, the penalty imposed increases to 0,59 € for the first 3 days of delay and 1,47 € for every further day. This increase does not apply during holidays.
Material recall: In cases of urgent need of a borrowed item, the L.I.Ce. has the right to recall it even if it is not overdue.
The smooth operation of TUC Library and Information Center requires good coordination between the users and the library staff, which is gained by following the instructions in using each service and by complying with the general regulation rules that are listed below:
Users should get informed and abide by the rules as soon as they have registered as library members.