O Dr. Fereidoon Sioshansi θα δώσει διάλεξη με θέμα "The transformation of the electricity sector and The role of intelligent distributed generation & storage" στo πλαίσιo των μαθημάτων Ανανεώσιμες Πηγές Ενέργειας και Συστήματα Διαχείρισης & Εξοικονόμησης Ενέργειας, την Πέμπτη 16 Μαΐου 2019 στην αίθουσα Γ2.1 και ώρα 3.00 μμ.
Περίληψη της ομιλίας
"The transformation of the electricity sector And The role of intelligent distributed generation & storage". With the rapid growth of distributed generation and storage, electricity customers have many options allowing them to become more proactive in the market. As they gradually migrate away from the historical norms, four more-or-less distinct types of “customers” can be envisaged:
· Consumers who continue to buy all power from the distribution network at regulated bundled tariffs;
· Prosumers who invest in distributed generation resources, reducing or eliminating their net electricity purchases from the network;
· Prosumagers who make additional investments in distributed storage, including electric vehicles (EVs), to store excess generation for use at later times; and
· More “exotic” and empowered customer types, such as those who engage in peer-to-peer (P2P) trading and/or sharing of energy generation and consumption imbalances using platforms or enabled by aggregators or intelligent intermediaries.
This presentation describes the stratification of customers into these types of customers and their impacts on incumbents as well as disruptive new service providers. Specifically, the speaker will:
- Explore the impacts of increasing distributed generation and storage;
- Examine the explosion of new services and service providers and their impact on the existing grid and incumbent utilities; and
- Discuss future market trends and emerging business and service models.
Dr. Fereidoon Sioshansi is President of Menlo Energy Economics, a consulting firm based in San Francisco, California, with over 35 years of experience in the electric power sector.He advises domestic and international clients on strategies to cope with the rapid transformation of the electric power sector including utilities, energy intensive industry, companies engaged in electricity delivery supply chain, regulators and policy makers.
Dr. Sioshansi is the editor and publisher of EEnergy Informer, a monthly newsletter with international circulation, now in its 29th year of publication. His professional experience includes working at Southern California Edison Co. (SCE), Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), NERA, and Global Energy Decisions.
Since 2006, he has edited 11 books published by Academic Press including the following:
- Consumer, prosumer, prosumager: How service innovations will disrupt the utility business model, 2019
- Innovation and Disruption at the Grid’s Edge, 2017
- Future of Utilities, Utilities of the Future, 2016