Having taken into consideration the instructions of the National Public Health Organization, especially as regards Educational Institutions, the TUC Administration would like to inform all members of the Technical University of Crete about some preventive measures against the spread of the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and the disease it causes COVID-19.
All members of the TUC having travelled, since the middle of February 2020 up today, to affected countries (China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Egypt, Israel, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, the United States of America (CA, WA)) for professional or personal reasons ...
- given that they exhibit no symptoms, are strongly advised to limit their contacts and abstain from visiting the Campus for a period of 14 days after their return from abroad and to closely monitor their health.
- given that they exhibit any symptom of infection of the respiratory system, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath/dyspnea etc., are definitely advised to call the National Public Health Organization at +30-210-5212054 or 1135 to receive further instructions.
All members of the TUC are ...
- kindly advised to refrain from planning any trips, for personal or professional reasons to affected areas
- not in any way allowed to organize educational trips abroad until the middle of March 2020
- strongly advised to postpone any trips planned to affected areas, until further information is provided
- not allowed to invite on campus from this point on any new arrivals (colleagues or partners) originating from affected countries until further information is given. Colleagues or partners planned to arrive in the forthcoming period from the above countries should remain off Campus and exhibit no symptoms, for at least 14 days after their arrival to Greece. This also applies to TUC members who welcome and receive them and have been in contact with them.
To conclude, it is recommended that all members of the TUC should ...
- constantly seek advice by visiting the regularly updated website of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
- read carefullyQuestions and Answers on the new Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
- responsibly follow all relevant advice on personal hygiene for the sake of the entire TUC community.
The Rectorate and the Deans of the TUC