Following the latest announcements made by the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs and the issuance of the relevant Joint Ministerial Decision (Government Gazette 956/issue B’/21.03.2020), the TUC Rectorate would like to inform you that the suspension of the educational function with physical presence at the Technical University of Crete is extended until Friday, April 10, 2020, similarly to all Higher Educational Institutions in the country, as a precautionary measure against the spread of the new SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. However, distance education is normally carried out, according to a recent decision by the Senate of the Technical University of Crete.
In particular, the following shall be suspended:
- All kinds of live educational processes (classes, labs, presentations, etc.) that require physical presence.
- The operation of the reading areas located in the Library and the Language Center.
- The operation of the computer rooms at the Computer Center.
- The operation of the Student Residence (as of 25.03.2020)
- The operation of the dining area of the Student Restaurant.
- The operation of the canteens as a place of gathering or dining.
- The operation of all sports facilities.
- Ceremonies, conferences, workshops, seminars, public presentations and more generally all kinds of events that result in many people gathering at the same area.
The following are excluded from this temporary suspension:
- Distance educational processes, which do not require physical presence.
- Research activities and procedures in the laboratories.
- The administrative activities and functions of all services.
- The meetings of the governing bodies.
- The function of the Student Restaurant only as a place of preparation and distribution of food.
- The function of the canteens only as points of sale.
- All kinds of work on the construction, maintenance and operation of the facilities on the TUC Campus.
In addition, we inform all members of the TUC Community that following the enforcement of the measure of temporary restriction of traffic, with the publication of a new Joint Ministerial Decision (Government Gazette 986/issue B’/22.03.2020), the transfer to and from the TUC Campus is permitted only to TUC employees with proper documentation.
Finally, we recommend to the entire TUC Community the frequent monitoring of the website of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), as well as the strict adherence to personal preventive and hygiene measures, in accordance to ECDC guidelines.
The Rectorate of the Technical University of Crete