Following the latest announcements made by the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs and the issuance of a new Joint Ministerial Decision on May 5, 2020, the TUC Rectorate would like to inform you that the suspension of the educational function with physical presence at the Technical University of Crete is extended under the same terms until Sunday, May 31, 2020, with some exceptions from 25.05.2020 and onwards. However, distance education is normally carried out, according to the relevant decision by the Senate of the Technical University of Crete. In addition, with a recent decision of the Senate, taken during the 07.05.2020 meeting by teleconference, the academic calendar for the Spring Semester has been modified and the spring classes end on May 29, 2020, a week later than originally scheduled.
The following exceptions are listed in the new Joint Ministerial Decision for the period from 25.05.2020 and onwards:
- laboratory lessons or laboratory exercises, which require physical presence in the laboratory,
- examinations, for which the physical presence of students is deemed necessary,
- the operation of the computer rooms and laboratories that are necessary to carry out the above,
- the operation of the Student Residence for students whose obligations fall within the above,
- practical training, as long as the host organizations are not temporarily banned from operating and in accordance with the terms and rules for ensuring the public health applicable to the employees of each organization.
As soon as all necessary data are available, the TUC administration will announce the schedule and the way that laboratory lessons/exercises and spring examinations will be carried out, taking always into account the safety and health of all members of the TUC community.