The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Technical University of Crete invites applications for the Master’s of Science degree program in Machine Learning and Data Science (MLDS) for the Academic Year 2022-2023 (Octοber 2022 – May 2023). There is a rolling admissions application period. Classes will start the first week of October.
You can apply via the online platform at
To apply for MLDS, scroll down to School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (Postgraduate Studies) and select MASTER OF SCIENCE IN MACHINE LEARNING AND DATA SCIENCE.
1. An application for the Master of Science in Machine Learning and Data Science submitted to the Office of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (via the online platform https://e-graduate.tuc.gr/jMScApplication/masters?lang=en_US ).
2. A copy of your university degree or diploma.
- If the degree was awarded by a foreign university, an attestation of equivalence from the Hellenic National Academic Recognition and Information Center (DOATAP) must also be submitted. (The attestation of equivalence is needed for graduation.)
- If you do not yet have your degree or diploma, but you expect to obtain it soon, you can still apply and mention your expected graduation date in your application. In this case, you could be conditionally admitted pending submission of a copy of your degree or diploma.
3. Copies of recognized postgraduate degrees (if applicable).
4. Certified transcripts for undergraduate studies and (if applicable) postgraduate studies.
5. A copy of a certificate confirming good or excellent knowledge of the English language (at least B2 level, preferably higher).
6. Curriculum vitae including professional experience (if applicable).
7. A summary of your thesis/dissertation (if a thesis or dissertation has been completed), a brief statement of your scientific and professional interests, and a statement of the reasons you are interested in pursuing postgraduate studies.
8. Copies of scientific publications and awards (if applicable).
9. At least two and preferably three letters of recommendation, at least two of which must be obtained from teaching staff in the department awarding the degree.
10. A photocopy of your government-issued identity card or passport.
11. A photograph of you (attached to the application form).