SEVENTH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMME, Marie Curie Actions: People
International Research Staff Exchange Scheme
- Title: "A global network of permanent sites for calibrating satellite altimetry missions."
- Acronym: CALT
- Project No.: 318950
- Scientific Panel: Environment and Geosciences
- Grant Agreement Number: PIRSES-GA-2012-318950
- Duration : 36 months
- Project start date: 1/10/2012
The proposed CALT project aims at bringing together the operators of existing and future satellite altimetry permanent calibration sites. This would improve the overall services for the altimeter biases and drifts for each satellite mission (e.g., Jason, Envisat, GFO, Altika, HY-2, Cryosat-2, Sentinel, etc.) and cross calibrate different missions at different world locations on a common and long-term basis.
This proposed project would (1) integrate the existing Cal/Val sites; (2) incorporate into CALT the developing sites in other locations (i.e., China and Brazil), (3) develop a unified approach for standards, specifications and procedures for altimetry calibration; and (5) disseminate results within the standards given by the Group on Earth Observation, GLOSS and CEO for sea level changes and for monitoring climate change.
- Technical University of Crete, Greece (Co-ordinator).
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Observatoire de la Cote d’ Azur, France.
- The First Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration, China.
- Universidade do Estado do Amazonas, Brazil.
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, USA.
- University of Tasmania, Australia.