Special Research Fund Account
The Special Research Fund Account of the Technical University of Crete was established in 1987.
- Joint Ministerial Decision no KA 679/96 on the “Establishment of Special Accounts for funding Research Projects and similar services rendered at Greek Universities”.
- Law 3027/2002
- TUC Regulation
- Handbook on Research Funding and Programme Management Regulations (Senate decision no. 124/1-2-2002 and 181/28-5-2004).
To allocate and manage funds from different sources that are designed to cover the needs of:
- Research, Educational, Training and Development Projects
- Continuing training projects
- Projects connected with scientific and technological services, special studies, measurements for laboratory examinations and analyses, and providing expert opinions
- Activities that contribute to linking education and research to production
Administration & Management bodies
The Special Research Fund Account comprises
- a Research Committee, consisting of Teaching & Research Staff and
- a Research Committee Secretariat
The Special Research Fund Account is structured as follows:
a. Operation, Archive & Personnel Department
b. Computerization Department
c. Legal Support & Proposal Preparation Department
a. Accounting, Cash & Provisions Department
b. Pay Department
c. Community Support Framework Programmes Department
Services offered by the Secretariat
- Financial and Administrative Management of Projects
- Administrative and legal aid to Scientific Project Coordinators
- Technical support during the submission of technical sheets and regular reports to the providers of funds
- Update on forthcoming calls for tenders
- Grants through the regular budget
- Funding through the public investment budget
- Funding from public and private enterprises
- Revenues from rendering services, from the commercial exploitation of know-how and products resulting from funded projects
- Revenues from assets
- Revenues from deductions on projects
Allocation of funds
The Special Research Fund Account, in cooperation with the Rector, the Vice-Rectors and the Senate members, allocates funds to the University on an annual basis for:
- The purchase of scientific equipment and the development of laboratorial infrastructure;
- The development of the Networks Centre and the Information Systems Centre;
- Student support schemes;
- The funding of basic research;
- Postgraduate Students Scholarships;
- Support of Undergraduate Students;
- Pay of employees
- The financial support of all student cultural groups and the organization of cultural events;
- The participation of faculty members in conferences and scientific programmes.
- To encourage excellence in research.
- To reward high achievements.
- To boost the University’s critical mass of scientific personnel.
- To provide a favourable environment for innovation.