The email service will be offered from May 2022 through the Microsoft Office 365 cloud service to which the Technical University of Crete has a subscription.
All members of the academic community. Specifically:
Users' mailboxes are not backed up from the MS Office 365 cloud service. Therefore, special care is required in managing messages that are deleted (and go to the Deleted Items folder) and those that go to the Junk Email folder.
The above applies to MS Outlook, webmail (Outlook-On-The-Web) and IMAP applications that have synchronized the folders of the deleted files with those of the mail server, according to the instructions.
The email service can be accessed by:
a) via webmail and the Outlook-On-The-Web service:
For more information see the Outlook-On-The-Web webmail User Guide.
b) by installing and configuring e-mail management software
The supported software is MS Outlook 365 (on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android), MS Outlook 2013 or newer, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail (on MacOS and iOS) and Android Mail.
For more information see:
- Settings for MS Outlook software
- Settings for Mozilla Thunderbird software
- Settings for Apple Mail software
- Settings for Android Mail software
- General settings for IMAP/POP3 and SMTP
1. It is recommended to use the Exchange communication protocol instead of IMAP and POP3 methods.
2. The modern authentication method (OAuth2) is proposed instead of the basic authentication method, which will be discontinued for security reasons in 2022.